I'm back! Too long out of practice and far down that road of good intentions. Here are the professional distractions I've been engaged in (the humble brag / flex post):
I am currently working on an article for the National Collegiate Honors Council for the impact and influence of their special semesters. I am a teacher leader working with the Qatar Foundation International (QFI). I serve as a Site Visit team member for the International Baccalaureate (IB), also working as an IB workshop leader for the Global Politics and Theory of Knowledge (TOK). I recently finished work as a sub-committee member for Geography on Colorado Department of Education (CDE) committee to review and revise State Standards in the Social Studies. And our regular Professional Learning Community (PLC) work on the teaching and developing of World History for 9th grade and Geography for 11th grade.
We have recently realigned the scope and sequence for social studies with the adoption of the IB's Middle Years Program (MYP) into the 9th and 10th grade course offerings. 2019-2020 promises to be an interesting and exciting year, but aren't they all?
With all of this going on - I'm still find the real motivation in those students who come to class and all of their efforts to understand themselves and their world. You - the main target of this blog.
So, come to class, see what's going on in the world. It is more fun when you are here, asking questions, challenging yourself, your classmates and me as we attempt to make sense of it. If you have particular curiosities, concerns about how to best gather information, and reflections on your meta-cognition (look that one up) - that's why I'm here. Looking forward to the rest of 2019 and the promises it holds as well as what 2020 may have in store.
No comments:
Post a Comment