Friday, November 6, 2015

Welcome to the newest round of the blog for Mr. Daniel's IB History.  We will be using this blog to practice our writing for the IB testing coming at the end of senior year 2017.  Through a series of postings you will work on crafting answers to previous IB exam questions and work collaboratively to push each other through peer review and reflection.  You will need to join the blog so you can get notifications of updates and keep track of who you would like to respond to and who is responding to your work.

Assignment number 1 is to join the blog.  You should be able to do this with any of your email addresses. I am not particular to which email you use for this work, but once you have joined you should consistently work from that digital location.  Peer responses for marking will and relies will be limited to a first come first serve arrangement, filtered through me as the blog captain. (Oh Captain, my captain)  responses after the cut-offs will be linked on so you can have those insights as well, but they will not be required for your replies.  Go back through the archived pages and see how it has operated in past sessions.  I think between those and actually participating it should become clearer.

So, now on to assignment number 1:
              Join.  Please make sure your name is clearly identifiable as you.
              Due date by Friday 13th, 2015 to be on time.

Please post a comment so I know that you are in and can post to the blog.
             Grade is based on timelyness (being on time), thoughtfulness, and appropriateness.

Thank you.

I look forward to seeing you in the cloud as well as the classroom.

51 comments:

  1. I think it worked! I got a message saying "Your comment will be visible after approval," so I think I'm in and I can comment!!!

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to write in my comment, but I can comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping this works...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully this goes through........
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, didn't see that I needed to comment by the 13th. I thought I just had to join. Well, I'm here now. Hello world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a robot... -Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess i'm in

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's another haiku:

    Poetry is great
    Guillotining is not great
    Georges Danton is great

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, it's me
    I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
    To go over everything
    They say that time's supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't be a hacky sack; be a bouncy ball and bounce back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Mr. Daniel! I will write, in this comment, a fun fact (because everyone likes fun facts!).

    The can opener was invented 2 years after the can!!

    Thanks,
    Marina "Can"-non

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola amigos

    ReplyDelete
  13. shoot 4 tha stars so if u fall u land on a CLOUD

    ReplyDelete
  14. The second half of the nineteenth century was introduced by the the Revolutions of 1848. This convinced political rulers that change was needed, not only political but also economic and social. After many years of industrial progress, all the new ideas added up to a certain apogee, the Industrial Revolution. It shifted the economy system and deeply impacted the social life in the nineteenth century. It is interesting to consider the outcomes of all these revolutions and changes that have led to the unification in a majority of the European countries. Without the social reforms of the nineteenth century, economical systems would never have evolved.Therefore, this essay will concentrate on explaining why and how the social change occurred in this historical period and how all together they led to unification.

    ReplyDelete